The concept of dandelion is inspired by Param Sendai, a group in Japan that sought to reach out to a minority Korean community. It used the image of a young woman holding up the dandelion to catch the wind, representing small groups that are often short-lived, but whose members go on to form groups of their own.
We have introduced new features, such as:
- Soundtrack for locating the writing place
- Welcome audio message from the author
- Follow up with the subjects of an article for their perspective and interests
- Open call online exhibition
- Use of non-English words for issue titles
- Guideline for use of the first person in writing
- Hand-decorated covered for essays
- Reading posts in cafes
We welcome those interested in helping develop Garland. For inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.