Join contributors to the Kaya issue of Garland to reflect on the questions raised by their articles.
The cultures of the Indian Ocean bring with them ancient traditions that seem at odds with contemporary urban life. Is it inevitable that those traditions will inevitably disappear? How might they evolve to be relevant today?
Many people in the South are removed from the “homeland” of their cultures. How do they stay connected to their “origin” while at the same time embracing the place where they now live?
You can watch live on YouTube during the following times, or view a recording afterwards.
Times on 9 May:
- East Australia – 5pm AEST
- West Australia – 3pm AWST
- Mauritius – 11am
- Glenn Iseger-Pilkington (Perth, Australia)
- Bernard Kerr (Perth, Australia)
- Veemanda Curpen (Mauritius)
- Varuni Kanagasundaram (Melbourne, Australia)